
So... after two months feeling nauseous without throwing up, I officially threw up this morning. I just finished taking a shower when I felt I was going to vomit. I thought... I had been feeling like this for a couple of months, it must have been a false alarm. But that three seconds time to think was enough for me to reach the sink (I chose the sink over the toilet bowl because the toilet bowl made me felt even worse). There it was my breakfast...Total Cranberry Cereal in three batches.
Anyway, that is the side of the story. Two weeks ago we went to see the midwive, Cheri for first pregnancy check and heard the heart beat. It was very exciting. I could not express how I felt. It was warm, loving, relieved, and beautiful feelings .. all mixed together.
Today, Brian and I went to Women and Babies for the first ultrasound at 11 weeks and blood work. The ultrasound technician did the external ultrasound first, but decided to do the internal since she could not get good images. The internal ultrasound gave amazing pictures. We were able to see the head, body, arms, feet, fingers, toes, even the heart beat. And we saw the baby jumped several times :). The technician said that the baby was about 5.85 cm long. It is amazing that at 11 weeks the baby has so much developed and that we can see such details. She could not tell the gender yet but we have decided to keep it as a surprise.
It was a wonderful feeling to realize that I have a life inside me. What a miracle! All that vomitting this morning was worth it... not that I want it to happen again...
When you first hold your baby and look down into its face, everything will have been worth it. If you look at pregnancy as an adventure, it is kind of fun, in its own way. Brian should also hold the baby asap, so he can get "that loving feeling". It is probably different for guys because they don't have that physical closeness for nine months before the birth.
ReplyDeleteGinny Anspach
There's no better feeling in the world than a gift from God growing inside of you. Makes all of the unpleasantness SO WORTH IT!!
ReplyDeleteStephanie