Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pancakes and Baby

This is Brian and this is the first time I have ever blogged. But I felt compelled to do so because there are a great many interesting things that I can tell and people will be amazed and astounded that I haven't shared them sooner.

First off let me start by saying that I made pancakes (from a mix) a couple of weeks ago for the first time ever. They turned out well and even I was surprised. Those of you who know know that I can't cook. I can even burn toast (Mom, you know what I'm talking about). So I was pleasantly surprised to discover that making pancakes is very easy. I'm starting to discover that I enjoy baking. Oddly enough I don't really like to eat anything I make but Vivi assures me that the items which I have baked taste good. Except for the pumpkin pie which I love and Vivi is not too fond of.

Tonight I made grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches with soup (from a can) for dinner. This time I didn't burn the grilled cheese and tomato. Vivi was happy about that but when I do cook (and it's not too often) she rarely complains and welcomes the chance to take a break from doing the cooking and although I don't like to cook I do like to give Vivi a night off from cooking. My menu selection is not very big but I can do a few things well or at least they are mostly edible.

Today we saw our baby for the first time (ultrasound). And all I could think was that the baby is so small and looks like it was in a peanut shell. We don't know the sex yet although I'm confident that it will either be a boy or a girl. Why do I bring up cooking and baby in the same subject? Well, someday I'm going to have to make food for our baby and I think it's time I learned to make more then frozen pizza and TV dinners. I'm not trying to be a great chef but I'd like to be able to do more then throw something frozen into the oven to heat up. So while I'm not making major meals yet I think by learning to make things that I enjoy (IE., baking pies and making breakfasts) I will eventually learn how to make better meals. You have to start somewhere so why not start with something light and fun.

Next blog I'll tell you about how I'm learning to bicara bahasa Indonesia (Speak Indonesian).

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Brian. I agree, whatever cooking you do won't matter, the break it gives your wife is the best! By the way, pancakes make a great dinner too - kids LOVE that!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete