Thursday, December 17, 2009

First Christmas Tree

It has been a while since the last time I decorated a Christmas tree, or a fake tree I should say. Does anyone know why we use fake trees in Indonesia? We have lots of areas with pine trees, don't we? Many of us even planted some in our yards. Is it because the christians don't make 10% of the population, thus it is not economical to jump into this business? It takes a while to grow these trees? Or people are just being economical by getting artificial Christmas trees?


Anyway, Brian and I picked our first "real" Christmas tree last Saturday. It is not too tall or big, just the perfect size for our house. Still, we had to move our armchair out to make space for the tree.






I... being sentimental, chose Mickey & Minnie in wedding attire, with "Just Married" for our first Christmas decoration.


And I think we need to get an angel or a star to put on the top of the tree next year. Santa Homer holding a beer and a bell just doesn't cut it.




The best part for me is the model train, Brian got from his dad. It is super old but still works.


Well...I hope you are having fun getting ready for Christmas!


Vivi







***
Kapan yah terakhir pasang pohon natal?... pohon bohongan maksudnya. Kenapa ya kita di Indonesia gak pakai pohon beneran? Apa karena orang kristen gak ada 10% dari total populasi, jadi bisnis pohon natal gak menguntungkan? Atau karena orang-orang pelit, jadi pada beli pohon bohongan?


Sabtu kemarin, kita beli pohon natal, gak terlalu besar dan gak terlalu kecil, yang penting cukup di ruang tamu. Walaupun akhirnya tetap harus pindahin kursi dan meja supaya cukup.


Gantungan yang ini beli di Disney Store, New York City. Khusus pilih yang ada "Just Married"... sentimentil boleh dong.


Si Homer dapat tempat terhormat duduk paling atas. Tapi tahun depan kita cari bintang atau angel kali.








Yang keren kereta2an Brian. Umurnya udah puluhan tahun, tapi masih jalan lho.

Sekarang waktunya bungkus kado. Selamat pasang pohon natal...


Vivi

No comments:

Post a Comment